Thursday, May 3, 2007

An Actual Letter From Hulk To Baby (Delivered by Happen The Owl earlier this evening)

Like your blogging today.

I want a picture of you in a headscarf. I don't know why but it sounds awfully pretty.

Interesting sometimes how garments find us in times of transition, times away from our loves. I have a new hat I have been wearing. It's just a tan ball cap, the sort I never used to think I could ever wear but seem to wear all the time now. It came free with my new bike helmet. You have never seen it, and I don't know your scarf.

Little mysteries to unfold from each other, little incidental delights. These are what I look forward to: Wondering where you sat to get a sunburned cheek or when a new pair of sunglasses slipped onto your pretty head. Sharing life, sharing minutia; these details are missed even as they go unnoticed. (missed as they're missed...)

I look forward to sharing our days again; to participating in our respective minutia; to the things we take for granted because you have to, really: It's only a hat after all.

xo

-Hulk

No comments: